STREET SKILLS 2
After completing Street Skills 1, kids can move on to more advanced skills in Street Skills 2. This program is available to kids starting 6th grade and up. What kids learn from Street Skills 1 & 2 sets them up to know everything necessary to ride safely on their own in town.
STREET SKILLS 2 SCHEDULE AND COST
Monday-Thursday 9a-2p, optional Friday ride to San Leandro available in Adventure Biking
$380 regular price, $345 early bird pricing until March 1.
A bike vest, snacks and any transportation costs are included.
- June 25-28 Street Skills 2 Boys - sold out
- July 30-Aug 2 Street Skills 2 Girls - sold out
- Aug 6-9 Street Skills 2 Girls - sold out
- Aug 6-9 Street Skills 2 Boys - sold out
- Aug 13-16 Street Skills 2 Boys
ADVANCED SKILLS TAUGHT AND PRACTICED ARE:
- Independent road riding
- Practicing intersection right if way at four way stops
- Learning and practicing legal right of way (turns)
- Changing a flat tire
- Using bike gears
- Taking bikes on Bart and the bus.
- How to carry heavy things on a bike. (Rear wheel rack is highly recommended)
- Using bike maps to learn how to independently get around town
We ride all over the island in an Alameda Amazing Race challenge one day, a day trip to San Francisco to Crissy Field and other days along the beach, to schools, to get ice cream, around Bay Farm Island, lunch at In-N-Out and go to lots of parks .
Parents/Guardians of kids participating in Street Skills 2 Camp are required to:
- Have your child's bike and helmet inspected for safety and fit and signed off by a mechanic from a local shop no later than one week before camp begins.
- Review and discuss the Participation Contract you both signed before Street Skills 1
- Wear the Easy Street Cycling bike vest provided in Street Skills 1 or another shirt/vest in bright neon yellow. Replacement vests can be purchased for $15.