Kids get coaching on fundamentals of riding bikes safely and legally in the road through fun games, challenges and riding adventures. They'll learn to:
- Identify hazards & avoiding crashes
- Know where & how to legally ride
- Control bikes with ease
- Basics of bike gears
- Lock, helmet fit & basic maintenance
- Use hand signals to communicate with traffic
- Become confident & respectful road citizens
Lots or riding around the island!
* Parent and camper must attend a free Urban Cycling Part 1 indoor 2 hr. class from Bike East Bay classroom workshop to attend camp.
Street Skills 2 is available to kids in 6th -9th grade who have successfully completed Street Skills 1. Advanced skills taught and practiced are:
- Independent road riding
- Right of way at four way stops and yielding to traffic on left turns
- Changing a flat tire
- Using all bike gears
- Taking bikes on the bus, BART & ferry
- A day of riding in San Francisco
- Using bike maps to independently get around town in the Alameda Amazing Race
Street Skills graduates who have learned and demonstrated safe riding skills, take off to new and exciting bike riding adventures. We will head out on different parts of the Bay Area to stretch our bike skills including riding some hills, using public transportation and enjoying new areas to explore!